As per the decision of the Government of Nepal (Council of Ministers) dated 2078/11/16 (2022-03-16), it has been published for the prevention of infection of covid-19 new variants as well as for the information of all concerned as the following arrangements have been made regarding the passengers entering Nepal by air route or land route.
- Passengers entering Nepal from abroad by air or land must submit a certificate of full vaccination against Covid-19, Passengers who are unable to submit such certificate will have to submit the certificate with negative report of covid-19 test (RTPCR, True NAAT, Gene Xpert) within 72 hrs of starting the journey. Vaccine card/Covid Test Certificate will not be mandatory for persons bellow 5 years of age.
- For the passengers going to other countries byair route from Nepal, the concerned airlines have to inform their passengers about the covid-19 related health protocol of the destination country. The health related documents to be submitted by the passengers departing from Nepal will be as per the health related criteria of the destination country as prescribed by the concerned airlines.
- Under the prevailing low, all foreign nationals with a certificate of complete vaccination against covid-19 or a negative certificate of the Covid-19 test will be able to obtain an on arrival visa from Immigration Offices at the entry points. But citizens of Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria, and Passengers traveling with travel documents must bring visas from Nepali Embassy or Missions aboard.
- Foreign/Nepalese nationals entering Nepal from abroad will not have to remain in quarantine except it seems necessary while examining health condition.
- The people entering Nepal will have to fill up the passenger details form (named CCMC for ) which they have been filling before.
- Nepali embassy/ missions in abroad will issue tourist entry visas as in the past before Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Based on the status of the new variant of Covid-19, Omicron, as per the information provided by the Ministry of Health and Population as well as the decision made by the Government of Nepal, the department of Immigration can re-issue the Travel Advisory which will be published in the website of Department of Immigration.
- Except as mentioned above, the Travel advisory information previously issued by the Department of Immigration regarding Covid-19 has been revoked.